We are excited about bringing our educational programming
to you again during the 2020-2021 school year.
At Imagination Station, we believe that live, in-person instruction and hands-on learning play an important role in a child’s education. Our programs are designed to promote student investigation and critical thinking. Led by a museum educator, programs include age-appropriate activities and encourage student participation. All museum programs meet learning standards outlined in North Carolina’s Standard Course of Study.
Explore Imagination Station Science & History museum before or after your group participates in a scheduled program. We look forward to serving you with programs that interest your students and that supplement the great work you are doing at home & in the classroom with your students. Groups can choose different programs to customize their trip. General admission to the museum is included in the program price.
Info Science & History On Wheels (S.H.O.W.)
Let us come to you! No school bus required. Hubert-Vester Toyota of Wilson has generously provided the museum with a vehicle so science and history programs can come to your school, civic group, or family function. We will bring all materials needed to conduct exciting workshops, assembly programs, or discovery classes at your facility.
At Imagination Station, we believe that live, in-person learning programs can be executed safely with appropriate precautions. Here are some of the safety measures we are implementing for all of our programs:
• Daily health check, including temperature checks, for all staff when they arrive for work.
• Staff and participants are required to wear masks at all times that social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. Wearing masks is encouraged at all times.
• Program participation is limited to allow for appropriate social distancing and current government guidelines for educational gatherings.
• Each program kit is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each program.
• We encourage staff to wash hands/sanitize frequently during the visit. We have set up a hand sanitizing station for any volunteers to use during the program.
Any hands-on learning aid either individually wrapped/proportioned and/or made of a nonporous material that is easily cleaned and sanitized before and after use.