Covid 19: Our Response
At the Imagination Station we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure the well-being of our community, staff, visitors and volunteers.
As of September 20, 2020 Governor Roy Cooper enacted Executive Order No. 165 moving North Carolina into Phase 3 of restrictions to protect lives during the COVID-19 pandemic. Categorized as in "indoor entertainment facility" we remain under the same restrictions which allowed us to reopen during Phase 2.5. To read the full text of Executive Order 163 click here.
What this means for Imagination Station is opening at a reduced capacity and increased sanitization. We encourage visitors to consider their personal health and the health of others in our community when planning a visit. If you have any cause to think you have been exposed to or are considered a high-risk individual if exposed to the Novel coronavirus, please plan your visit for a later date.
Here is what we are doing to help protect our visitors, our staff and our community:
- Routine sanitization of frequently touched surfaces
- Daily sanitizing and cleaning of high traffic areas
- Weekly deep clean of all public spaces
- Every morning our staff receives a wellness check-in that includes relevant health questions and checking temperatures
- Everyone is required to sanitize and wash their hands when they enter the building and frequently throughout the day
- Everyone in the building is required to wear a face mask when within 6 feet of another person
- Encouraging the use of face masks for visitors at all times and providing face masks for anyone who does not have their own.
- Clearly marking areas to define safe social distancing paths
- Posting information about signs, symptoms, and safe practices during COVID-19