ISSHM Camp Terms and Conditions
My child has my permission to participate in a summer camp/workshop at Imagination Station Science Museum. I understand that payment is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable. I understand that I am not allowed to accompany my child into ISSHM due to CDC guidelines. I also understand that I, or other persons I authorize, will be required to show valid government issued form of identification to pick up my child. A $10 late fee will be charged for every 10 minute increment my child remains at ISSHM past the scheduled ending time for the activity.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in summer camp hosted by Science Museums of Wilson, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Imagination Station”), and in recognition of the best efforts of all instructors, agents, employees, and volunteers I, the undersigned, intending to be bound by my signature and on behalf of the child listed below hereby waives, cancels, and discharges any claims, demands, damages and liabilities based on the participation of my child at Imagination Station, and does hereby absolutely agree and unequivocally release from any liability and hold harmless Imagination Station, its employees, instructors, agents, volunteers representatives, officers, representatives, and members individually, in regard to injury or damage sustained during any use of the property, facilities, or equipment owned by or leased by the of Imagination Station during the course of summer camp.
This release is for any and all liability for personal injuries (including death and/or disease) and property loss or damage occasioned by, or in connection with any activity or accommodations on Imagination Station, property or through use of equipment either owned or leased by Imagination Station. The undersigned further agrees that their child has been instructed to abide by all rules, regulations, and instructions provided by the employees and representatives of Imagination Station.
I agree to indemnify Imagination Station from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses of any nature or kind whatsoever, including attorney fees and court costs, which may now or hereafter be sustained, suffered or incurred by Imagination Station as a result of any claims asserted by me or by any other participant as a result of my child’s participation in the summer camp program.
The behavior of ISSHM staff and campers is managed to ensure an enjoyable and safe experience for all. In order to achieve this, we ask that you begin by letting your child know our expectations for their behavior at the activity/program. Please review with your child the following rules. An ISSHM staff member will also remind the students at the beginning of each program.
1. Children will follow directions given by ISSHM staff.
2. ISSHM staff and children attending camp will treat each other with respect. Profanity, bullying, name-calling, or other hurtful verbal behavior will not be tolerated.
3. ISSHM staff and children attending camp will keep their hands and feet to themselves; acts of physical aggression towards anyone will not be tolerated.
4. In accordance with National, State, and Local government guidelines for Day Camps operating during COVID-19, all ISSHM Staff & children attending camp will be expected to use best practices of social distancing & hygiene. Regular hand washing/sanitizing, social distancing and face masks will be enforced during camp. (A cloth face mask will be provided but children may bring their own if it meets CDC specifications.)
5. Due to COVID-19 restrictions all children must bring their own lunch from home in a disposable container without the expectation of any items, inside of and including the container, being returned at the end of the day.
6. Health screening will occur prior to entering the building each day of camp. This includes taking temperature and answering some health questions. Any staff member or child not meeting the health requirements will not be allowed to enter the building.
In the event of disruptive behavior, a child may be timed-out and removed from the group. If the disruptive behavior continues, the parent/guardian will be called to help find a solution. Any further behavior discrepancies will cause the parent/guardian to be contacted and asked to pick their child up. The child will not be permitted to return to camp for the remainder of the week and a refund will not be given.
I grant permission for the Imagination Station Science & History Museum (ISSHM), its agents, employees and personnel, the right to use photographs or video images taken for the purpose of promoting the programs of the ISSHM Museum without compensation for its use. I understand and agree that photographs will become the property of the ISSHM. This includes use in publications such as advertising, direct mail, brochures, newsletters, social media, magazines and in electronic media, including video and/or websites. I also grant permission to the ISSHM to offer said photography for use or distribution in other publications, electronic or otherwise, without notifying me. I release ISSHM from any and all liability related to the distribution of my child’s photo or likeness. By completing and submitting this form, I acknowledge and understand the material herein and am authorized to sign this form as parent or legal guardian of the child named here.