Applications are now being accepted for Education Programmer in the Education Department at Imagination Station Science and History Museum in Wilson, NC. The Imagination Station Science and History Museum is a growing institution that has an established science education program and a developing history program.
This is a permanent, full-time position of 40 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Present engaging science and history programs, experiences and specialty events to audiences of all ages. During the school year, this position works primarily with Pre-K - 12th grade students, leading structured, interpretive programs. During the summer season and school vacations, this position may work with visitors of all ages presenting specialty events and camp programs.
• Lead engaging, creative, and educational experiences for audiences of all ages, involving hands-on and inquiry-based activities. May include programs at our museum or with our Science-and-History-On-Wheels program.
• Create and teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs, especially programs that emphasize technology and engineering.
• Familiar with NC Curriculum Standards for K-12th grades.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to develop, evaluate programs.
• Handle and present to the public a variety of species of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and arthropods.
• Organize rooms, program props, and materials for programs. Keep track of all museum materials used in the programs.
• Must be enthusiastic and customer-service oriented and deal with all visitors and education program participants in a courteous and professional manner. Enjoy working with the public including diverse populations and people of all ages.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member, and independently with little supervision.
• Flexibility in dealing with program delivery and changes in deadlines and operation protocol as situations come up.
• Prepare and submit receipts, files, and other reports as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while handling, lifting, and storing program supplies, kits, and bulk food supplies.
• Valid NC State Drivers License.
• Prefer a minimum of two years of experience in engineering, physics, natural science, biology, environmental, or museum education.
• BA or BS from an accredited institution of higher education.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook), and Internet research.
TO APPLY: résumés are only accepted through email. Please email the information to email@example.com. No other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter, résumé, and a minimum of 3 references are required when applying for this position. No phone calls please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 22, 2017